Firm Foundation of Virginia, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non- profit faith based organization which serves single mothers, age 18 to 35, who are homeless, living in poverty or experiencing crisis. We provide a nurturing environment where emotional, social, spiritual and financial needs are addressed. Single mothers are afforded the time and opportunity to learn the skills required to become financially self-sufficient and a better equipped parent.
What We Strive to Do
- Provide safe and stable housing to single mothers (age 18-35) with children
- Increase employability amongst single mothers
- Develop healthy parenting and life skills
- Decrease homelessness amongst single mothers in Portsmouth and Hampton
- Empower single mothers with children to become financially self-sufficient