If you are interested in becoming a resident with Firm Foundation of Virginia, please download and complete the Admission Application. Email completed application to email@example.com. We will contact you within 24 hours or please contact us at (757) 392-2498.
At Firm Foundation of Virginia, Inc we provide 3 programs geared towards housing. Please select one to learn more:
In addition to our housing programs, Firm Foundation of Virginia, Inc also provides the following services:
- Case Management - Weekly contact with residents will be provided to help residents accomplish short and long term goals. Case manager will monitor and document resident’s progress and provide linkage to community services and support systems.
- Life Skills - Workshops and hands on activities provided to develop and/or enhance skills such as cooking, budgeting, utilizing public transportation, and self esteem.
- Job Readiness - Assistance with job search, resume writing and interviewing.
- Financial Education - Assistance for resident’s future to include accounts set up, budgeting and saving for moving expenses and the like as she move toward financial self- sufficiency.
- Parenting Classes - Designed to educate and empower single mothers to nurture, discipline, provide security and healthy self- esteem in their children. Classes will discuss developmental stages of children and communication skills.
- Health & Nutrition Education - Workshops will teach about proper nutrition, cooking tips and techniques, meal preparation, as well as fitness.
- Spiritual Development - Devotions, prayer, bible study and church attendance will be a requirement for residents.
- After care services and referrals - Follow- up services provided to assure a smooth transition of residents to self-sufficiency.